In 1980, Ambassador Amable R. Aguiluz V, also known as the Father of Computer Education in the Philippines, saw the demand for fully trained computer professionals; however, during that time, no institution in the Philippines offered professional computer education. Knowing the impact of technology in the industry and how it will drive progress, Ambassador Aguiluz responded to the demand and decided to put up a school that will offer computer education; hence, AMA Institute of Computer Studies was founded and eventually led to the establishment of AMA Computer College, which was the first to offer courses in Computer Science and Computer Engineering. he Research Unit of the School of Medicine was established as a result of the commitment of the School to local, regional and national development through research.
The Angeles University Foundation School of Medicine (AUF-SOM) was established in June 1983 by the authority of the Board of Medical Education and the Department of Education, Culture, and Sports with Dr. Rodolfo C. Dimayuga as founding dean, Dr. Presentacion C. Peralta as assistant dean and concurrently school secretary, and a faculty of 18, eight of whom boast of 20 years teaching experience. The AUF-SOM was initially housed in the AUF San Lorenzo Ruiz Building until it was gutted down by fire in 1993. This tragedy gave way to the construction of a new health sciences building which now houses the AUF-SOM office, lecture rooms and laboratories.
The Ateneo de Zamboanga began in 1912 as Escuela Catolica, a parochial school run by Spanish Jesuits at the old site of the Immaculate Conception Church, right across the Sunken Garden. Fr. Manuel M. Sauras, S.J. was the first director. The years of hard work finally paid off when, on August 20, 2001, the Ateneo de Zamboanga was declared a university by the Commission on Higher Education.
The official publication of the Baguio Central University. Throughout the years, Baguio Central University has moved forward with the administration of Dr. Margarita Fernandez. Its expansion covers the academic programs as well as the physical structure of the school.
The Bicol Christian College of Medicine (BCCM) was established in 1980 at Legazpi City. BCCM is the pioneer medical school and the number one producer of the best and brightest medical professionals in the Bicol Region. A member of the Association of Philippine Medical Colleges Foundation, Inc., it is an accredited member of the Foundation of the Advancement of International Medical Education and Research and registered internationally with the World Health Organization. The Ago General Hospital was established in 1942 which served as the base hospital for BCCM students. Moreover, BCCM is affiliated with two government hospitals, Bicol Medical Center in Naga City and Bicol Regional Training and Teaching Hospital in Legazpi City. It has produced globally competitive doctors from all over the world. In fact, 85% of government positions, in medical centers, district hospitals, RHU in Bicol region are BCCM graduates.
As representative of the Province of Cagayan in the Interim Batasang Pambansa, then Minister (later Senate President) Juan Ponce Enrile drafted the Charter of the Cagayan State University that was signed into law as Presidential Decree No. 1436 by President Ferdinand E. Marcos on June 11, 1978. Except for provisions on the composition, powers and selection of the members of the governing board, the Charter has since remained unchanged.[/caption]
Provide humane and integral health sciences education and services education and services with emphasis on primary health care in the complementation of instruction, research, patient, community health care and community engagement. Develop and nurture God-centered, competent, compassionate, ethical and socially responsive graduates, faulty, staff and health care providers. Forge strong partnership and networks with consortium members and other stakeholders in the areas of health and community development. Keep at pace with global developments in health sciences education and health care services.
De La Salle Medical and Health Sciences Institute (DLSMHSI) is a full-complement medical and health allied institution that provides holistic, excellent, and premium medicine and health professions education, health care, and research services in a nurturing God-centered environment as it pursues its commitment of Nurturing life. The Institute has three major services: medical and health sciences education, health care through De La Salle University Medical Center, and the De La Salle Angelo King Medical Research Center.
The Xavier University – Dr Jose P Rizal School of Medicine hopes that, like the national hero after whom it was named, the graduates of the medical school will embody in their profession, a great love for and commitment to life, to the country and especially to the poor.
In 1903, at the request of several students from the University of Santo Tomas and others, Dr. Alejandro M. Albert organized a private review class. Manila Central University, located at the heart of Metro Manila, is a pillar in health science and professional programs in the Philippines. MCU began as a private review class for pharmacy board examination aspirants in 1904 and has since contributed to the overall development of individuals. MCU is committed to do its share in improving the lives of people. It constantly raises its standards and improves its facilities to enable its graduates to meet the challenges and opportunities in the Philippines and around the world.